West Fargo, ND
At Grove Guns we hear so many people in the Fargo-Moorhead area say:”I have my CCW, I don’t need anything else”. Those who say and believe this are in store for a very serious awakening should they need to use their firearm to defend themselves or a loved one. In fact, it is possible that without some handgun training beyond shooting at paper targets from the booth, they and their loved ones may very well be the victims and the perpetrators will walk away unharmed. DON’T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU! IF YOU DON’T TRAIN WITH US, TRAIN WITH SOMEONE. Ladies: If you want to properly and safely use a handgun, the Ladies Level I Defensive Handgun Class is for you.
GROVE GUNS – Owner and senior instructor Greg Grove: NRA Certified Instructor, NRA Certified Range Safety Officer; MN Permit to Carry Instructor; Distinguished Graduate in Defensive Handgun from Frontsight Firearms Training Institute, Las Vegas, NV – Instructor: Allan “AJ” Johnson: NRA Certified Range Officer, MN Permit to Carry Instructor; Double Distinguished Graduate in Defensive Handgun from Frontsight Firearms Training Institute, Las Vegas, NV – Instructor: Kevin Rezac: Certified NRA Range Safety Officer, MN Permit to Carry Instructor – Instructor: Steven Bauer: Certified NRA Range Safety Officer.
Minnesota Permit to Carry: This class is included in our Level I Defensive Handgun. (See below for registration).
Co-ed and Ladies Defensive Handgun Training (Maximum Class Size 12)
Level I (co-ed) & Level I Ladies Defensive Handgun: An entry level class that introduces the shooter to the various parts of the handgun, correct grip, stance, sight picture, drawing from a holster and clearing basic malfunctions. This class is held entirely on the range. 75 rounds of ammunition required. Cost: $85.00 This is a 5 hour class. (This class can also include a certificate to apply for a MN Permit to Carry). Level II Defensive Handgun ( Requires the completion of Level I), is a continuation of Level I that will introduce drawing from a cover garment, more difficult malfunction clearing, situational awareness, introduction of time pressure, moving targets. 150 rounds of ammunition required. Cost: $85.00 This is a 4 hour class. (Scroll down to register for these classes).
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT FOR DEFENSIVE HANDGUN CLASSES
- Mid-size to full size Handgun: .380, 9mm, .40, 10mm, .357Mag, .357Sig, 45 – Revolver, 1911 and striker fired. No single action revolvers or pocket pistols.
- Kydex or a rigid leather OWB holster manufactured to fit your handgun: Must cover the trigger and be worn at belt level. No thigh rigs, cross draw, underarm, behind the back holsters, or holsters with retaining devices are allowed, unless the retaining device can be somehow disabled. ISW holsters are allowed, but not recommended.
- A minimum of three magazines with at least a double “on the belt” magazine pouch. (If you have large capacity magazines, 16 round or more, 2 magazines will be allowed).
- Heavy Belt
- Electronic hearing protection
- Safety glasses or regular glasses with side shields. (Side shields will be available in the class for $5.00).
- Hat with a brim. (If you forget to bring a hat we will have some hats available, but probably not a hat you would choose to wear in public).
- Comfortable shoes
- 75 rounds of ammunition for Level I – 150 rounds for Level II
- Concealment garment (vest, loose shirt, jacket, pullover), required for Level II
Upcoming Defensive Handgun Classes for 2021
C0-ED LEVEL I Sunday, January 23, 2022 – 4:00pm to 9:00pm @ Red River Regional Marksmanship Center – 640 16th St NE, West Fargo, ND
LEVEL II (co-ed)
Saturday, January 22nd, 2022 – 6:30pm to 9:30pm @ Red River Regional Marksmanship Center – 640 16th St NE, West Fargo, ND
Individual Handgun Training
If you are a new shooter and wouldn’t feel comfortable taking a class yet, we at Grove Guns offer individual training to help you feel more comfortable with your firearm. We will give you hands on training that will cover how your handgun functions, handgun safety, proper grip, proper stance and correct sight picture, all in a low pressure atmosphere designed to help you relax and enjoy learning. Cost: $40.00/hr plus $15.00 range fee. Call or text 701-371-2002 to make an appointment.
All firearm transfers for ND residents is a fee of $25.00. (Prices are per firearm transferred). Call or text: 701-371-2002