West Fargo, ND
623 Main Ave E Suite 103A
YOU HAVE PURCHASED A NEW HANDGUN AND PLAN TO CARRY IT OR KEEP IT IN THE HOME FOR SELF PROTECTION. We can help you learn how to use it safely and effectively and it doesn’t matter if you have never fired a handgun before or if you are an experienced shooter. Defensive use of a hand gun in a high stress situation requires a different type of training that is totally different from target shooting. 99% of our students say that they should have taken this class sooner and would recommend it.
GROVE GUNS – Owner and senior instructor Greg Grove: NRA Certified Instructor, NRA Certified Range Safety Officer; MN Permit to Carry Instructor; Double Distinguished Graduate in Defensive Handgun from Frontsight Firearms Training Institute, Las Vegas, NV Instructor: Allan “AJ” Johnson: NRA Certified Range Officer, MN Permit to Carry Instructor; Double Distinguished Graduate in Defensive Handgun from Frontsight Firearms Training Institute, Las Vegas, NV Instructor: Kevin Rezac: Certified NRA Range Safety Officer, MN Permit to Carry Instructor
If you are a new shooter and wouldn’t feel comfortable taking a class yet, we at Grove Guns offer individual training to help you feel more comfortable with your firearm. We will give you hands on training that will cover how your handgun functions, handgun safety, proper grip, proper stance and correct sight picture, all in a low pressure atmosphere designed to help you relax and enjoy learning. Cost: $35.00/hr plus $15.00 range fee. Call or text 701-371-2002 to make an appointment.
MN-Permit-to-Carry-Classes: (Included in our Level I Defensive Handgun Class. Adds 1 hour to the class).
Level I Defensive Handgun: An entry level class that introduces the shooter to the various parts of the handgun, correct grip, stance, sight picture, drawing from a holster and clearing basic malfunctions. This class is held entirely on the range. 75 rounds of ammunition required. Cost: $85.00 This is a 4 hour class. (This class can also include a certificate to apply for a MN Permit to Carry). Level I Ladies Defensive Handgun: Same class as the Level I for ladies only. Level II Defensive Handgun ( Requires the completion of Level I), is a continuation of Level I that will introduce drawing from a cover garment, more difficult malfunction clearing, situational awareness, introduction of time pressure, moving targets. 150 rounds of ammunition required. Cost: $85.00 This is a 4 hour class. (Scroll down to register for these classes).
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT FOR DEFENSIVE HANDGUN CLASSES
- Mid-size to full size Handgun: .380, 9mm, .40, 10mm, .357Mag, .357Sig, 45 – Revolver, 1911 and striker fired. No single action revolvers or pocket pistols.
- Kydex or a rigid leather OWB holster manufactured to fit your handgun: Must cover the trigger and be worn at belt level. No thigh rigs, cross draw, underarm, behind the back holsters, or holsters with retaining devices are allowed, unless the retaining device can be somehow disabled. ISW holsters are allowed, but not recommended.
- A minimum of three magazines with at least a double “on the belt” magazine pouch. (If you have large capacity magazines, 16 round or more, 2 magazines will be allowed).
- Heavy Belt
- Electronic hearing protection(to hear range commands)
- Safety glasses or regular glasses with side shields. (Side shields will be available in the class for $5.00).
- Hat with a brim. (If you forget to bring a hat we will have some hats available, but probably not a hat you would choose to wear in public).
- Comfortable shoes
- 75 rounds of ammunition for Level I – 150 rounds for Level II
- Concealment garment (vest, loose shirt, jacket, pullover), required for Level II
Click link to register: https://form.jotform.com/ggrove1230/course-registration-form
Upcoming Defensive Handgun Classes for 2022
Ladies Level I Please contact Grove Guns to schedule a class date. (Minimum of 4 required).
Individual Handgun Training Call 701-371-2002 or 701-729-1308
All firearm transfers for ND residents is a fee of $25.00. (Prices are per firearm transferred). Call or text: 701-371-2002